In all actions, Alabama Tea Party Express readers are expected to uphold the planks of the party and values established by our nation’s Founders in the U.S. Constitution.
This includes actions taken by Alabama Tea Party Express readers during public Tea Party rallies and Tea Party demonstrations, and online or through social media, and through interpersonal interactions with other people, regardless of others’ political views or behavior.
The five planks of the Alabama Tea Party Express are:
- Constitutional Adherence
- Limited Government
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Virtue & Accountability
- Free Markets
Accordingly, we encourage the following from every Alabama Tea Party Express readers and we also recommend this for members of Tea Party Chapters. We must always remember that peaceful protest is what we do and never allow yourself to be provoked by word or deed of another party.
- Engage in peaceful public discourse.
- Respect the rule of law and the processes for political and policy action established under the U.S. Constitution.
- Spirited debate is a core and essential element of our political system; however, under no circumstances is it acceptable for Alabama Tea Party Express readers to subject others to slurs or insults based on race, creed, religion, etc.
- Under no circumstances is it acceptable for Alabama Tea Party Express supporters to engage in unlawful or violent behavior in the pursuit of the policy or political objectives.
- The Founders provided for us an enduring set of rules for pursuing and effecting change in our nation. Alabama Tea Party Express respects the rule of law and the processes for political and policy action established by the Founders under the U.S. Constitution.
Penalty Any person who violates this Code of Conduct in the pursuit of political and policy objectives automatically disqualifies himself or herself with disqualification from participating in the Alabama Tea Party Express website.